06 November 2005

Neil Diamond is a rock god!!!

If you missed CBS Sunday Morning today, you missed one of the best stories broadcast on the show.
Yes, you guessed it, Neil Diamond was featured on the show and well deserving of it.
The first few minutes of the piece made some rather confusing statements about Neil's fame and his loyal fans. "Let's face it, it's never been "fashionable" to be a Neil Diamond fan." was uttered by the narrator.
Huh? What? Are you out of your mind?!? I have been singing Diamond's praises as the greatest performer in history for more than two decades and you're telling me I was being "unfashionable?!?"
Now, before any more of you speak such foolishness, be aware that later in the segment, Rick Rubin admitted to having grown up with and loving Neil Diamond's music...and that, my friends, is and should be more than enough to convince anybody of the man's talent and value.
I, too, grew up with Neil Diamond as a soundtrack for my childhood. Before I even appreciated specific artists, "Song Sung Blue" was my favorite lullaby (on 8-track tape, of course.)
During the eighties, I was honored to have seen him perform eight times. In the early nineties, I saw him one last time, bringing the total to my personal record of nine performances by the same artist. Note: Incongruously, Depeche Mode comes in a close second with eight concerts, none of which I actively pursued tickets for.
Believe me, this acknowledgement was long overdue and Neil is still rocking his ass off.

P.S. Another favorite, Robert Downey Jr., was also favorably featured on the show. Stay strong, Robert, more people love and respect you than you will ever know.

2 Comments:

Blogger jacquez said...

Is that why you do your hair like ND?

7/11/05 01:37  
Blogger Lost Tortoise said...

Anything to hide the radar dishes poppin' out da sides of me head...

7/11/05 08:58  

Post a Comment

<< Home