31 October 2005

Take a bite out of crime...


Buy Nothing Day is on the 25th of November this year.
I always tell myself that I will push the movement each year, but life goes by too fast to plug the day properly. So, here is my plug....Buy Nothing Day is a movement that's been around for a few years as a culture-jamming action against the gross consumerism in "civilized" societies, most notably the United States.
Please participate in this event as a demonstration of the people's power to influence the system and speak out for more conscious decision-making amongst legislators and corporate leaders.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many years have you succeeded in doing this?

1/11/05 07:24  
Blogger Lost Tortoise said...

I haven't bought anything on the day after Thanksgiving since 2000. Don't hate brother, just join me in fightin' da man.
Very stealthy, by the way, with the anonymous and all. You're just like this white ninja I know at UK that happens to work early.

1/11/05 08:17  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny confucius....

15/11/05 08:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home