18 October 2005

Where, oh where, has my little dog gone

So, I was checkin' out the Green Party sites this morning and shocked and ashamed to discover (how I'm the eighteenth pale descendent of some old queen or other....what? No Smiths fans?!?)
that Kentucky is one of only five states in the union that have no official state Green Party.
I worked really hard, to the detrement of my family life, on that Nader campaign in 2000 and I thought we had something solid going after the election. Where did everybody go?!? Why didn't you young 'uns take the reigns?!? Louisville, what happened to you?!? You were the strongest of us all? Is this how we want Greens to be viewed in Kentucky? As a bunch of apathetic granola-heads who only have something to say around election time?!? I can't vote in the primary elections because I'm a Green! Come on, people, if it's left to me to rally the troops, this will be a sad ending.
Stand up and holla Greens! We need you more than ever, now!

The Greens/Green Party USA link
Green Party of the United States link

If you don't know what the Green Party stands for, it's all summarized in the Ten Key Values.
Want to know my dirty little secret? I actually voted for the Libertarian candidate in 2004.

Lastly, if you don't vote your conscience in these elections (voting for the lesser of two evils is NOT voting your conscience, it's just plain nàive) or, God forbid, you don't vote, take a look at all the choices you have here.

And while were on a political bent, a few more links:

Appalshop produces probing and profound films about Appalachia. Not all Kentuckians live in Lexington or Louisville kids.

The U.S. Constitution Online It doesn't hurt to reread this and the Declaration, also on this site, once in a while.

Truthout.org is definitely not objective, but it's also, and more importantly, not the radical right sheep either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home